Volunteer Opportunities 2017 – 2018
Riverbend is your community and your home. We want to hear your ideas and help you bring fun projects to life for our neighbourhoods. we are always in need of people to help support this community. Please consider volunteering! Some great opportunities are listed below.
To be filled at our AGM in November or as positions become vacant. The list of open positions will be posted before the AGM. View descriptions of all board member positions.
- Assist with events in February (Family Winter Festival), and September:(Art in the Park). Advertising and publicity, facility set up, membership sales, assisting with registrations for sports and programs.
- Casino workers (need approximately 32 volunteers for each casino event)
- Annual Bedding Plant & Compost Sale: assist with set up, sales, bagging compost.
AGM & Volunteer Appreciation Events
- Assist Volunteer Committee chairs in organizing volunteer appreciation events: advertising & publicity, food and beverages, door prizes, etc.
- Assist committee in recruiting volunteers as needed for events or programs
Special Events (e.g., Art in Our Park, Winter Festival)
- Assist Social Committee with event coordination: advertising and publicity, ticket sales, food and beverages, decorating, entertainment, set up/clean up.
- Assist Winter Festival Committee with publicity, volunteers, progam & refreshment.
Sports & Programs
- Tennis: May include putting up (or taking down) nets and windscreens, repairs & maintenance
- Soccer: See volunteer positions on TRSA website
- Assist Programs committee with publicity, registration, facility set up for a wide variety of programs.
- Volunteers are needed to assist with distribution of the Ragg to local businesses, schools, library, etc. If you’d like to help, we’d love to hear from you. Your gift of time would be greatly appreciated.
- Writers always welcome to cover events and community ‘newsmakers’. Please contact email@example.com with your story ideas or contributions.
- Assist with volunteer profiles, interviews, photography at community events.
Repairs & Maintenance
- Assist with facility upkeep (lawn care, snow removal, yard clean up, major cleaning jobs, table & chair set up or take down, minor repairs)
Our community league cannot function without the efforts of hundreds of dedicated volunteers. Please consider helping to make your community of Riverbend a better place to live, work and play!
No contribution is too small. Even if you can only commit to a few hours a year, we would love to hear from you.
Contact our office at 780-437-7108 or firstname.lastname@example.org