SUbject to the weather. Rinks may close due to above zero or below -25 with wind chill. Check on the Riverbend Community League Facebook page for updates as they happen.
Skating in Your Neighbourhood
Sharpen those blades and enjoy some winter fun with friends or family at our community’s Brookside Rinks! Skating is free with a community league membership – just wear your skate tag. We offer two rinks, one for shinny hockey and one for social skating (no sticks/no pucks).
Brookside Skating Rinks
Brookside Rinks are located at 53 Ave. & 143 St. just south of Brookside School.
- Our hours are 8am to 9pm except when closed for maintenance or inclement weather
- The rinks has a rink attendant on site Monday-Friday 4-9pm, and Saturday/Sunday from 12-6pm - Skate at your own risk
- Helmets are strongly recommended for all skaters, and are mandatory for minors under the age of 18
- No smoking around the skating areas
- Community League membership and skate tags are required to use the rinks
- No pucks sticks or sticks allowed on the West rink
- Due to COVID-19, change rooms and washrooms are closed for the 2020-2021 season
Just a reminder, when the temperature climbs above 0 degrees centigrade we close and lock the rinks to ensure that no one is injured when the ice gets soft. There has been more water put on the ice sheets this year so we should be able to carry the ice further into the spring but, of course, it is weather dependent.
Due to COVID-19 there are no rentals at this time
Rink Rentals must be booked, through the rink manager, at least seven days in advance of the desired rental date. All rink rentals require third party liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000.00, naming Riverbend Community League as an additional insured. In addition, the full address needs to be listed on the insurance documents. Brookside Hall & Rinks, 5320 – 143 St., Edmonton, AB
For rink rentals please contact Paul Glassford at 780-433-9018
RCL office: 780-437-7108 or info@riverbendonline,ca
The rinks will be closed in extremely cold weather (-25°C, which includes wind chill).
For your safety, all children and youth are required to wear helmets.
Our neighbourhood rinks are maintained with the support of your community league.