Riverbend Community League has two great rental spaces.
- The Riverbend Community Centre at 258 Rhatigan Road East is ideally suited for family and community gatherings. This facility includes a kitchen, a dance floor, an outdoor patio, and is wheelchair-accessible. Large washrooms. Lots of parking.
MAIN HALL (150 SEATS)
SOCIAL ROOM (41 SEATS)
|Main Hall & Social Room**||Main Hall**||Social Room**|
|Refundable Damage Deposit required at time of booking||$1,000||$1,000||$400|
|Weekdays 8:00am - 6:00pm||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
Mon - Thurs 6:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 6:00pm - 10:00pm
|Friday Evenings 6:30pm - 11:00pm||$350||$350||$150|
|Saturdays 9:00am - 11:00pm||$650*||$650*||Not Available|
Sundays & Statutory Holidays 9:00am - 5:00pm
Evening 6:00pm - 10:00pm
*Set up the night before an event may be available for an additional charge of $125.00
**Mandatory Cleaning Fees of $100 will be applied to the Social Room, $250 to the Main Hall, and $300 for the Main Hall in combination with the Social Room at the Riverbend Community Centre
- Brookside Hall, located at 5320 – 143 St., is great for birthday parties, smaller family functions or meetings. Two skating rinks and a new playground are adjacent to this venue.
BROOKSIDE HALL (55 SEATS)
|Brookside Hall Meeting Room**|
|Refundable Damage Deposit required at time of booking||$500|
8:00am - 12:00pm
1pm - 5pm
Mon - Thurs
6:00pm - 10:00pm
6:00pm - 11:00pm
9:00am - 11:00pm
Sundays & Statutory Holidays
9:00am - 10:00pm
*Setup the night before a function may be available for an additional charge of $50
**Mandatory Cleaning Fee of $150 will be applied to all rentals of Brookside Hall
Special Offer For Riverbend Community League Members
A 25% discount is available for current members of Riverbend Comminity League. A valid membership card and proof of address must be presented at the time of booking. The rental contract must be signed by Riverbend Community League member.
Hall Rental Requests
RIVERBEND/BROOKSIDE COMMUNITY HALL INQUIRIES
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)
- The League recommends that RENTERS obtain commercial general liability insurance, of a minimum of $1,000,000 coverage amount, to protect the RENTER against liability for damage claims through public use of or arising out of accidents occurring in or around the facility. Any such policy shall name the RIVERBEND COMMUNITY LEAGUE as an additional insured. The insurance policy shall also provide coverage for contingent liability of the LEAGUE on any claims or losses.
- If alcohol is being served at any time during the event, the RENTER MUST obtain host liquor liability insurance in accordance with the number of guests anticipated to be in attendance. The insurance policy shall provide a minimum coverage amount of $2,000,000 and shall name the RIVERBEND COMMUNITY LEAGUE as an additional insured.
- If an organized sport and/or fitness activity or event is to take place on the premises, the RENTER MUST obtain commercial general liability insurance in accordance with the number of participants. The insurance policy shall provide a minimum coverage amount of $2,000,000 and shall name the RIVERBEND COMMUNITY LEAGUE as an additional insured.
- Event insurance can be obtained through companies such as AMA, Pal Canada, Brokerlink or NFP.
Anyone can request to rent the hall, Community League members receive a discounted rate.
If you wish to set up the night before your function there is a $125.00 charge for non-community league members and $100.00 charge for community members (see eligible leagues listed above)
The hall has round tables (5′ across), 8′ rectangular tables and banquet chairs.
The Main room is equipped with a kitchen, bar and coffee urns.
The Social room contains a sink, small fridge and coffee maker.
Brookside hall has a kitchen with food pass-through.
The hall only provides tables and chairs. For information on renting other items please contact the hall manager.
You are welcome to bring in your own food or hire a caterer. Please ensure that your caterer has a valid Alberta Food and Food Establishment permit issued by Capital Health. If you will be serving alcohol at your function, you are required to obtain a liquor license along with Special Occasion Host Liquor liability insurance. We must receive the license and insurance 24 hours before your function begins. Alcohol consumption must be completed one hour prior to the end of your function.
You will have access to the hall after 6:00 pm (Mon-Fri), after 9:00 am (Saturdays) or after 1:00 pm (Sundays). Please contact the Hall Rental Manager at least 24 hours in advance to arrange access. You are required to be out of the hall by 10:00 pm (weekdays), 11:00 pm (Fridays and Saturdays) and 10:00 pm (Sundays). Alcohol consumption must be completed one hour prior to the end of your function.
You do have to set up the tables and chairs and you are required to leave the hall in the same condition it was when you arrived. For information on set up and clean up for an additional charge; please speak with the hall manager.
We accept Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT), cheques and money orders. Personal cheques will be accepted up until two weeks before the function; after this time only EFT, money order or certified cheque will be accepted.